Saturday, April 18, 2009

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE


Yes, it is finally here. I thought it would never come. It is SPRING. Although it is about a month late, seems like many months late, it is here. I knew it yesterday when the dog signaled she had to go out and I just put her leash on and walked out in the back yard. Slippers still on my feet. No slosh or water on the ground to cause stopping to put on the heavy shoes or boots. No coat or hat. Didn't need them. And I wasn't out there yelling "Hurry up, it's freezing out here". Baby does like to take her time no matter what kind of weather. So except for the rain, we won't have that to worry about for the next 5 or 6 months.

Now that the sun is shining again, I don't find it necessary to harass Pat on a daily basis. "Why can't we go to Vegas now instead of in October?" I would like to go tomorrow but I don't find it necessary to voice that over and over again. She is the travel director and I have to go along with her. She also is still working (poor soul) so vacation schedules have to be worked out.

Now that spring has sprung, I don't find it so hard to correspond with family and friends that live in warm weather parts of the country. Jealousy does not take over during the months of May, June , July and August as much as it does in December and January. It starts creeping slowly back in after that just knowing what is coming. The older I get, the faster it creeps.

I don't know why I get so excited about spring. It's not like I'm the big outdoorsy type. I'm not. As everyone knows I haven't owned a swimsuit since my teenage years. I don't like gardening. I never did play sports even as a child. It just has to be the warmth. I rarely complain that it is too hot. I love Vegas and have been there when the coolest day was 103 and dry. Florida is my favorite state. Hot and humid in July. Love it.

The one and only draw back with spring right now is happening already. I stand here at my closed up windows. Winter blahs disappearing, wondering "Who's going to start this SPRING CLEANING" You can barely see the sun shining through these dirty windows, the dust inches thick on the shades. Didn't seem so bad with the gloom of winter, but now. I guess as I look around and I'm the only one here, the answer must be me. So get out the rags and paper towels. Find the pledge and windex and the phone book. Oh, the phone book is for a cleaning service. You didn't think I was doing it. I'm retired. I have to enjoy Spring.


1 comment:

seashore subjects said...

kathy your updates were not showing on my blog roll! I have a lot of reading to do!!!