Wednesday, July 22, 2009

DESIGN DILEMA


My project for the week is done except..............
I love the colors, I love the comforter and I love the picture (painted by yours truly). For a very small room it came out bright, crisp, just like a small room should look. I also was pleased that it did not cost much. I pledged I would be frugal in there because 1) it is a spare room and no one sees it often in the back of the house 2) it is small and you can't put too much into it.
So when I decided a chest was needed I went hunting for the bargain. If you know anything about me I do not shop for bargains...I do not shop for anything. The online shopping was no help so I took a walk to this junk store on the next block and struck gold. 2 matching chests, just the right size. I did not need 2 but for $20.00 each I could not pass them up. I struck pay dirt. Got them home and painted the one to match the room. I was excited until..........
As you can see in the picture there is no hardware on this one or the other one. As a unprofessional, in her dreams designer I look for the details. I decided to use copper colored accents. I pulled things from around the house and used my handy copper paint and added accents in copper for no cost. Frugal.
Then I went looking for hardware for the $20.00 chests. Home Depot had the most extraordinary pulls that were copper and peacock blue. The exact match for the bedroom. What a designers dream or nightmare. About $120.00 for drawer pulls for a $20.00 chest. They were perfect, but the cost. I walked up and down that aisle 10 times and then out the door.
No I did not buy them but I did not buy any. I am now going to have to let time go by and leave it alone for awhile cause right now I will not find anything that will work or anything I will like as much.





3 comments:

seashore subjects said...

Who needs stinking handles anyway? ;) The room looks fantastic!

BryanO said...

It really looks fantastic! Great job!!

The Microblogologist said...

That is an insane amount of money for something like that, they'll probably not sell at that price (especially in this economy) and be reduced or put on clearance so might be a good idea to keep an eye on them. The room looks lovely!