Wednesday, July 15, 2009

DO I OR DON'T I ?

This entry may be a paragraph or two of mindless rambling because that is exactly what is going through my mind about this subject. Fortune tellers, card readers, psychics whatever you want to call them I am not a believer. Or am I? Many years ago a lady who read pictures, yes you brought her photos of loved ones, friends, neighbors, whoever and she told you about them and your relationship with these people. On most of those she was right or near right but I'm still waiting for the beautiful house on the water and the tall grey haired gentleman that was suppose to come along soon. I just figured I wasted my money and never tried it again until Sunday.

My daughter Kim had one of those girl parties. Make-up, a lady selling purses, food and a tarot card reader. For $20.00 you could have a stranger tell you your life story. One by one the ladies sat down at her table in my room (the party was held at my house because there was more room) plunked down their cash and spent 30 to 45 minutes having these strange cards spread out in front of them and their past present and future unfolded. I was not planning on wasting my money, I have other things I can waste money on, but as each lady came out from behind the closed door spewing amazement on how she hit the nail on the head each and every time I had to prove that she didn't know everything or everyone. I was sure these ladies only heard the general statements. You're going on a trip, money in your future or the love of your life is just around the corner.

When it was my turn I walked in with the nonbeliever look on my face and walked out with a pit in my stomach and a frown on my face. What she told me did not make me happy but it was so part of my life right now no one could have known that. I don't know how she knew this but she did and I don't know what I'm going to do with the info she gave me. But I do know this. I will never have my future, past or anything else read again because I really don't want to hear what they have to say whether it is true or false. I don't know what I believe anymore but I don't want to believe there is some stranger out there who can look at some cards or lines in my hands or leaves in the bottom of a cup and tell me my most personal secrets.

1 comment:

seashore subjects said...

I have to agree - sometimes it is better to just not know (or think you know). Live for today and hope for tomorrow, that's the best we can do.