Sunday, May 10, 2009

MOTHERS DAY


At times during the last couple of days I thought about what my blog would cover for Mothers day. There are several directions as a daughter, a mother and a grandmother of 8 that I could go. Unfortunatly due to an accident yesterday, my Baby got hit by a car. She has an injured front right leg which, at first, I did not think was broken but as time passes I am getting more concerned. It seems to be getting worse. I have talked to the on call vet last night and from what I described he did not feel it was broken either but prescribed baby aspirins and rest. If it is not better by tomorrow bring her in, he said, which of course I will do. But this sure puts a damper on Mothers Day.

First of all, like a neglectful mom, I was not home. I was out doing volunteer work, which should lessen my guilt some but every time I look at her hobbeling around here on 3 legs I feel awful. She just lays there looking at me, telling me with her eyes, "this hurts" and "where were you"?

I have tried to make her as comfortable as possible but she won't tell me what she wants. For 4 months I have been trying to teach her she can not pee in the house no matter what. Now I have spread carpeting all over the kitchen (she loves to pee on carpeting)and told her feel free to go whenever you need to. I will be glad to clean up after her. No! Now she has decided the only place to go is in the back yard which means carrying her up and down the stairs. I am feeding her by hand cause I don't want her to move too much and of course giving her more treats then she deserves.

So no matter if it's a child or a dog or whatever mothering never stops. Mothers Day or not. Enjoy the day and thank God all are healthy no matter who, child, pet, friend, or neighbor.

1 comment: